Most people understand what to expect when working with realtors. On the other hand sellers don’t know what to anticipate when working with home buyers. Here are a few simple, stress-free transactions to expect from a professional homebuyer.
- Professional home buyers typically close faster than traditional home buyers, and usually in pay full in cash, they can also close on your schedule. Traditional home purchases usually require qualifications from banks, mortgage underwriting time, property inspection time and the buyer may not end up qualifying in the end.
- There are also normally no commissions paid to a buyer’s or seller’s agent which means thousands of dollars in savings. The usual commission is 3% per side.
- Professional home buyers also may not charge transaction fees; if they do, they are extremely low in comparison to the commission or closing costs you would have to pay otherwise.
- They also provide mail-away closings which is a wonderful thing for out of state owners.
Purchasing Homes As-Is
- Professional home buyers in will usually purchase homes as-is.
- As a seller, this means you do not have to worry about repairs before closing or any other additional expenses you were not planning on. There are some companies that do not require inspections which makes it a truly as-is transaction.
Lower Risk Transactions
- Selling to a professional home buyer is extremely straight forward. They will lay out every step of the process and usually have shortened, very clear contracts that are simple as-is purchase agreements.
- You will also have lessened exposure to legal risks. You won’t have to worry about the buyer finding something you didn’t know you didn’t disclose or something they don’t like about the home or the neighborhood. Under most traditional real estate contracts, there is a potential for the buyer to sue you if they feel they didn’t get all of the information, or if they feel the facts were misconstrued.
- Professional home buyers already know the state of the property, and they are willing to take on that risk.
- When you decide to use a professional home buyer , you will not have to worry about going through a roller coaster of emotions.
- There are no frustrating, middle-of-dinner phone calls asking if you are available to show your home.
- You don’t have to worry about leaving your home spotless every day before heading to work, just in case there is a showing while you’re gone.
- You don’t have to worry about possibly running into a buyer’s agent or their clients or dealing with them asking you questions that you really shouldn’t answer anyway.
- You also don’t have to worry about buyers arguing with you over which furniture you are taking and what you are leaving.
Move Out Time
- Professional home buyers are in it for the investment. They are not expecting to move into the home on the day of closing.
- Most home buyers will allow a move-out timeframe after closing to allow you to relocate at your own pace. This is extremely helpful, especially with such quick closing timeframes.
- Also, you may not even have to clean the home when you leave. You can simply pack your personal items and furniture you want to keep and leave the rest.